Monday, June 11, 2012

Ginkgo Leaves Copper Pendant

My latest craze is Art Clay Copper.  I have been working with the Art Clay Silver for about 2 years and just ventured in to the copper.  There are quite a few more steps to the copper clay process than the silver, however I do like the finished product.  For this pendant, I rolled out the clay, stamped it with a ginkgo leaf pattern and cut it out using a rounded square template.  I thought the pendant should be a pretty big size so you could see alot of the ginkgo leaves.  It measures 31mm square.  After the copper clay dried, I sanded, fired, patina and polished the pendant.  There are a few more steps with an acid solution to remove the fire scale in that process.  I strung it on black suede cord and added copper and silver-plated accents.  It measures 19 inches long. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment