Monday, March 26, 2012

First Attempt using the Quilling Technique

So now that I have my quilling paper organized, I can get started creating cards, right?  This is my first attempt at quilling.  I don't think it turned out to bad.  I love how you can take the paper strip, roll it into a coil, pinch one side and it instantly become a flower petal.  Put a few of those together and whalla, you have a dimensional flower!  If you pinch the opposite sides of the coil, it becomes a leaf for the flower.  I had so much fun making this card.  It took me an hour to make it, but hopefully with a little more practice, I will get much quicker at it.  Thought this design would make a wonderful wedding card.  I used Stampin Up Top Note die under the layers to break up all of the purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment